Barack Obama is a gifted speaker. He can speak for hours, as we have seen on numerous occasions, without saying nothing, committing to nothing and get thunderous applause and rave reviews about his slick rhetoric. Reminds me of Seinfeld, a very funny top of the ratings sitcom about nothing. But at last nights debate Obama pressured by McCain had to take a stand and say something and I believe that finally McCain was able to do the unthinkable: nail Jell-O to the wall. With a nail gun.
Below are some of the points and differences in positions and ideology outlined by McCain:
- Obama will raise taxes, McCain will lower them.
- Obama believes in increasing the size of government, McCain believes it’s size has to be reduced.
- Obama believes in income redistribution, McCain believes the people should decide how to spend their hard earned money.
- Obama supports abortion, McCain opposes it.
- Obama believes more money will help educate children in the US, McCain believes accountability and transparency not more money will do the trick.
- Obama does not support school voucher programs, McCain does.
- Obama wants to look for offshore oil, McCain wants to drill for offshore oil.
- Obama wants to unilaterally make changes to the North American Free Trade Agreement to please environmentalists and unions, McCain believes NAFTA is fine at it is.
Right-wing political pundits will disagree that McCain won calling the debate a tie because Obama’s feathers were not ruffled enough. Left-wing political pundits, who are registered independents (in my opinion democrats in disguise), will of course disagree with me that McCain won. They wished, wanted, were looking for, and on their toes ready to discredit any knockout punch thrown by McCain during the debate. In their eyes anything but a sweat spraying, mouthpiece dislodging, jaw breaking, canvas munching, lights out knockout of Obama a la Mike Tyson of old was unacceptable.
I beg to differ because history has shown us that if you chip, nibble, jab, grind and sandblast away at an opponent one can come out the victor, never mind the Mainstream Media waiting to prop up Obama and if needed give him CPR and drive him to the hospital. I believe McCain won the debate last night and before millions of viewers has at long last laid the ground work to begin nibbling and chipping away at Obama’s recent lead in the polls. Am I the only one that has noticed the polls beginning to tighten in the last few days? Jab away John but dont forget to drop the hammer when you see an opening.
Our gal Sarah “Barracuda” Palin does things a bit differently, for days now she has been tearing out chunks of meat outta him. No wonder Obama looks thin. But the real winner of the night was the moderator, Bob Schieffer, of CBS. Unlike the two previous debates where the moderators constantly interrupted Obama and McCain just as they were beginning to roll he actually let the candidates go at each other. Way to go Bob!